|The Venture Bros. character|
Tanks for Nuthin'
Tanks for Nuthin'
College Philosophy Professor |
Genius level intellect, Think Tank armor
The Guild of Calamitous Intent
Think Tank (real name: Dr. Nidaba) is super-villain in The Guild of Calamitous Intent who was given the rights to arch Dr. Thaddeus "Rusty" Venture after he moved to New York and inherited VenTech Tower.
He first appeared in the beginning of Tanks for Nuthin' where he was in his alter ego as Dean Venture's Philosophy professor at Stuyvesant University. He is shown giving a lecture until he is notified of his rights to arch Dr. Venture whereupon he quickly ends the class session. He speaks with Dean and after accurately deducing the things going on at Dean's home he tells him to avoid going home to avoid any further distractions.
He then suits up in his Think Tank armor and invades Ventech Tower, where he confronts Dr. Venture stating he is pleased with finding an adversary worthy of his attention. He invites the Doctor to game of chess but is disappointed that Venture does not play the game however, he is delighted to battle with Brock Samson who he blasts out the building. However, Brock returns after being saved by Warriana and the two defeat the villain and destroy his armor. His plans foiled, Think Tank attempts to hail a cab outside the building though he is struck by Battleaxe in the Haranguetank and is seemingly killed when it explodes in the hole of the VenTech lobby.
- Think Tank is a parody of Marvel Comics villain MODOK, and Dr. Cornel West.
- Think Tank died in the same place as Haranguetan.
- For some as-yet-unspecified reason, Warriana holds a strong grudge on Think Tank and took pleasure in defeating him.
- He is the only villain in Wide Wale's Fiends and Family Plan to not have an encounter with The Blue Morpho.
- In the Sumerian pantheon Nidaba was the goddess of writing, learning, and the harvest.