|The Venture Bros. Group|
The Super Gang/Action 5 News Team
From left to right Brown Thrasher, Barbie-Q, U.S. Steel, Ghost Robot
|First Appearance(s):||Handsome Ransom|
|Purpose:||Fight crime/cover the daily news|
|Current Members:||Brown Thrasher, Barbie-Q, Captain Sunshine, Ghost Robot, U.S. Steel|
The Super Gang is a team of superheroes in the Venture Bros. universe. They fight crime together in their superhero guises and cover the news, crime, and sports together as the Action 5 News Team in their mundane identities. Not much has been revealed about them yet as they have appeared only a couple of times in the show.
- Barbie-Q/Co-Anchor Barbara Quantas resembles a living Barbie doll covered in flames. Has an Australian accent. She is able to pass as human in her mundane identity.
- Brown Thrasher/Neville Brown covers sports as part of the Action 5 News Team and a bird-themed superhero. (Superhero name revealed in closed captioning of Handsome Ransome
- Captain Sunshine/Co-Anchor Chuck Scarsdale see Captain Sunshine (Chuck Scarsdale)
- Ghost Robot/Weatherbot 5 covers weather. See Ghost Robot for more.
- U.S. Steel/Sam Turgen covers sports. Patriot-themed wrestler. Ghost Robot is apparently his sidekick.
- Handsome Ransom The Super Gang is seen in their superhero guises calling upon Captain Sunshine to help them take on a villain named Asbeastos. He refuses, wanting more time with Hank Venture, his current Wonderboy. Later, the team is shown in their Action 5 News Team guise, to which Captain Sunshine/Chuck Scarsdale briefly joins them in reporting the news before witnessing the Monarch attacking his home and presumably going after Hank Venture. Scarsdale becomes hysterical and steals the Action 5 News Copter, racing home to confront the Monarch
- Every Which Way But Zeus In this episode, Zero dupes Desmond, Captain Sunshine's butler, into helping him kidnap many henchpeople and sidekicks to fight in gladiatorial arena combats. Ghost Robot and Barbie-Q are among those kidnapped. Barbie-Q, Brown Thrasher, and Ghost Robot are among the people kidnapped. Ghost Robot is seemingly destroyed by Henchman 21. Sunshine and U.S. Steel show up at the end to be reunited with their sidekicks. U.S. Steel is devastated to see that Ghost Robot is not among the living.
- Bot Seeks Bot Ghost Robot appears to aid the O.S.I. in a sting operation against the Guild of Calamitous Intent. (Creator commentary says that Ghost Robot is immortal, being both a ghost and a robot.)