|Written by||Doc Hammer|
The Monarch launches his first attack on his new arch nemesis, the other Dr. Venture. But Jonas has the formidable defenses of Spider-Skull Island on his side, as well as his own Team Venture, and the expert advice of a trio of O.S.I. "butterfly specialists." It will take a loose reading of the Guild handbook, an insertion team of his three best henchmen, and all the diabolical chicanery The Monarch can muster to even the playing field.
- The giant combining mech that Jonas Jr. and his team use is a reference to Voltron.
- Cardholder and Doe mention watching a theoretical reality TV show starring J.J. and Flavor Flav. This is a reference to the various reality TV series the rapper was featured on, including VH1's The Surreal Life and Flavor of Love.
- Henchmen 21 & 24 reference the death animation from Tomb Raider as a rationalle for not swimming blindly underwater.
- Henchman 1 instructs 21 to perform the Valsalva Maneuver.
- Henchman 1/Scott Hall
- Agent Cardholder
- Agent Doe
Conections to Other Episodes Edit
- This episode takes place chronologically after Now Museum-Now You Don't and immediately after the post credits scene from Tears of a Sea Cow. Displays from the Jonas Venture Jr. Museum of Jonas Venture are seen in the background in several scenes.
- Henchman 24 begins to tell Henchmen #1 a story about a henchmen named Speedy, a reference to Dia de los Dangerous!
- There are repeated references to The Captain's past as a pirate, as seen in Ghosts of the Sargasso.
- Cardholder and Doe state that The Monarch has killed his previous 5 archenemies. This was shown on-screen, and stated previously, in Tears of a Sea Cow.
- The "late 60's death ray" is mentioned as having been constructed by Scaramantula. Scaramantula was revealed to be the previous owner of Spider-Skull Island during Now Museum-Now You Don't.
- 21 mistakenly report the death of Scott Hall as "Death by Samson", but is later revealed to be alive in Every Which Way But Zeus. Ironically Scott Hall (in his "Zero" Supervillain identity) is killed for real by Brock Samson in All This and Gargantua-2, causing his death to be once again listed as "Death By Samson".
- Speedy is mentioned for the first time since his debut and death.
- 21 coins the phrase "Death By Samson" in this episode.