|The Venture Bros. Group|
Office of Secret Intelligence
Logo of OSI
|Team Name:||Office of Secret Intelligence|
|First Appearance(s):||"Mid-Life Chrysalis"|
|Current Members:||Hunter Gathers|
|Former Members:||Eugen Sandow (Deceased)|
General Treister (Deceased)
Steve Summers (Rogue)
Myra Brandish (Fired)
|Base:||OSI Flying Aircraft Carrier.|
The Office of Secret Intelligence or The O.S.I. is a government agency that protects the world from evil and is the primary nemesis of The Guild of Calamitous Intent.
The organization has been in existence since the Second American Revolution (the invisible one).
The Pyramid WarsEdit
The Pyramid Wars were major battles between The O.S.I. and the Original S.P.H.I.N.X. that ended with the complete disbandment of S.P.H.I.N.X.
Brock and Hunter EraEdit
In the late 1980s to the early 1990s Brock Samson began his work at the O.S.I. working with his mentor and partner Hunter Gathers. At this time most people did not think the guild still existed and to this day the O.S.I. refuses to publicly acknowledge their existence. Before the Pyramid Wars there was a strict dress code in place.
O.S.I.'s duties include protecting America from any threats, from within or out, by any means necessary. To that end they have the ability to issue a License to Kill to their agents. The O.S.I. is extremely powerful due to its access to NexGen technology and training agents with abilities that are near super human. The organization has thousands of personnel and a plethora of weapons and armor. Notably, many of their high ranking agents have a prominent single characteristic, reflected in their clothing ever since they relaxed the dress code. Lower ranked agents wear uniforms. Their current headquarters are a massive, flying aircraft-carrier though they have numerous secondary facilities including one inside Mount Rushmore. Recently, their most important duty appears to be regulating the American hero and protagonist community. It's O.S.I. that sets the rules, assigns the bodyguards, and offers aide to counteract the villainous Guild of Calamitous Intent. O.S.I. also negotiates many of the most prominent treaties with the guild. They also have the ability to gather various experts, from O.S.I., The Guild, and other organizations, when necessary to fight against a mutual threat. From the beginning of the series O.S.I. was led by the eccentric General Timothy Treister. Glimpses into their history have revealed that Colonel Hunter Gathers was at one time a one-on-one training agent. Before the reemergence of The Guild of Calamitous Intent, they mostly fought SPHINX, often in large battles. As of the end of season 4, General Treister trusts the charge of O.S.I. to former member (and former SPHINX leader) Hunter Gathers when Treister decides to search off planet for the cure to his "peepee cancer". Gathers has led the O.S.I. in a similar cavalier way as his predecessor using an iron fist.
- "Old" S.P.H.I.N.X. - Enemy during the Pyramid Wars until it was disassembled. Returned in modern day after some members returned, but was quickly dealt with.
- The Guild of Calamitous Intent - Enemy due to supporting super villains.
- The O.S.I. is similar to the fictional organizations GI Joe and Marvel's SHIELD, although far more violent, going so far as to murder every member of the evil organization SPHINX (itself a parody of GI Joe's enemy COBRA). Examples of similarities:
- Their garishly dressed agents reflect the style of the Joes, as does their battle cry of "YO-S-I".
- The most commonly seen O.S.I. soldier's uniform resembles that of SHIELD.
- Headquartered in a massive, flying aircraft carrier.
- It could also take inspiration from the OSS, precursor to the CIA founded during World War II.
- Another source of inspiration may be from the Office of Scientific Intelligence (OSI), the fictional organization that employed the characters Steve Austin and Jaime Summers, who in turn inspired Steve Summers.