|Augustus St. Cloud|
|The Venture Bros. character|
Tag Sale - You're It!
Bitter rivalry with Billy Quizboy
Guild of Calamitous Intent
Master Billy Quizboy (archenemy), Pete White
Augustus St. Cloud is the wealthy inheritor of the St. Cloud plastics fortune. Spending his vast wealth on collecting, he is the archenemy of Billy Whalen Quizboy.
Augustus St. Cloud is the peculiar little scientist with a love for luxury and smoking cigarettes with a quellazaire. He was one of the patrons looking through Dr. Venture's stuff during his tag sale. He was also kicked rather hard in the ass by Baron Ünderbheit after he mistakenly thought Augustus hit him in the face with a pebble, when it was The Monarch who was, in fact, responsible.
Eventually it was revealed that his name was Augustus St. Cloud and that he had a long standing grudge with Billy due to Billy's cheating him out of winning an episode of Quizboys. He has also been bested by Billy before in Ebay auctions for comic and cult memorabilia. Watch and Ward invite St. Cloud to join the Guild of Calamitous Intent, Augustus bribed them to ensure he would be assigned as Billy's arch-enemy. St. Cloud is defeated by Billy again while on St. Clouds personally recreated Quizboys set.
Although St. Cloud has this rivalry with Billy Quizboy, his relationship with Dr. Venture is rather amiable. St. Cloud had purchased quite a few items from Venture in the past and thus is in relatively good standing with the man (resulting in Venture not wanting to take sides when St. Cloud and Billy argue).
In their very first official encounter as each others nemesis, St. Cloud introduces his albino-Asian manservant, "Pi Wai" and demands White from Billy as his prize should he win a Quizboy trivia challenge. His defining features are his short and stout stature, deadpan voice, round dark glasses, and collection of ginger paige-boy style wigs.
- Tag Sale - You're It!
- Shadowman 9: In the Cradle of Destiny
- Now Museum-Now You Don't
- Every Which Way But Zeus
- What Color is Your Cleansuit?
- Bot Seeks Bot
- Maybe No Go
- The name St. Cloud is in fact a Batman reference - it comes from Bruce Wayne's love interest in the comics Silver St. Cloud
- Augustus St. Cloud also drives a vintage 1989 Batmobile - used since the late 70s in the comic books and featured in the 1989 movie Batman, directed by Tim Burton
- Augustus St. Cloud's costume, seen in Season 5 Episode 1: What Color is Your Cleansuit?, is largely based on that of the super villain Magneto from the X-Men comic books
- Augustus St. Cloud is a collector of TV, Movie and Comicbook memorabilia. In his collection he owns:
- The TARDIS- Time machine from the Doctor Who series used by The Doctor himself.
- NOMAD- Space PROBE used in the Star Trek TOS in Episode 203 The Changeling.
- Twiki and Dr. Theoplis- the robot sidekicks from the cult classic television series Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.
- The Staff of Ra- used in the movie Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark (side note: when Billy and Pete nearly knock over The Staff of Ra, they both quote "Take back one Kadam to honor the Hebrew God" which is then followed by "They're digging in the wrong place". These are direct quotes from the movie.
- Henrietta Pussycat- Henrietta Pussycat from Mr Roger's Neighborhood of Make-Believe.
- The 'Please Please Tell Me' Ball, and the set - The Red rubber ball from Duran Duran's music video, plus full set. 'Stolen' from Conjectural Technologies. May or may not contain secret powers like the ability to change all of recent pop-cultural history.
- St. Cloud also appears in Season 1 during "Tag-Sale, You're it!", in Season 3 during "Now Museum, Now You Don't", and in the Season 4 "Every Which Way But Zeus".